Welcome to this tutorial that will guide you through the process of creating a garden in Kazaplan. Our tool allows you to model your house and its garden in 2D and 3D in a simple and efficient way.
Follow the steps below to add a garden to your project:
Step 1: Access the "Build" Menu and 2D View
1. Open your existing Kazaplan project or start a new one.
2. In the main menu, click on "Build".
3. Select "Landscapes and Gardens".
4. Make sure you are in 2D view to draw your garden.
In the Build > Landscapes and Gardens menu, you have 3 types of boundaries available:
- Garden boundaries,
- Terrace boundaries
- Driveway boundaries
These exterior boundaries create rooms without ceilings.
This is not the case if you use walls/partitions or invisible separations from the build menu.
Step 2: Draw the Garden Boundary
1. Click on the "Garden Boundary" icon in the menu.
2. A "+" shaped cursor will appear in the drawing area, to the right of the menu.
3. Place the first point of the boundary by clicking on the desired location. Be sure to stay within the grid (workspace).
4. Guides will assist you in drawing vertical and horizontal boundaries.
Step 3: Place the Subsequent Points
Place the next point by clicking a second time. You can continue to add points to define the shape of your garden.
Tip: Don't worry about the exact length of each boundary for now. Draw the general shape of your garden, and you can later adjust the length of each boundary numerically by clicking on its measurement.
Step 4: Validate the Drawing
To exit garden boundary editing mode, you can:
- Press the "ESC" key.
- Double-click after placing your last point.
- Right-click after placing the last point.
Step 5: Close Your Garden
1. If the boundaries you have drawn form a closed area, your garden will be created automatically.
2. It will appear with a green background, accompanied by the text "Garden" and its area.
1. Remember that the origin of your plan is at the center of the modeling space, represented by a red square. Design your project around this origin.
2. Make sure to draw your project within the grid area, which represents the available modeling space.
Editing Exterior Boundaries
The boundaries you have drawn are editable: you can
- adjust their length numerically
- move: by selecting them and dragging them in 2D with your mouse or numerically.
- split them into multiple wall sections
You can also change the type of a room, terrace, or driveway that you have already drawn to a garden. Simply click on its title, open the settings panel, and change the type and name of the room.
#Tip: Managing Slopes
- Creating Small Slopes:
Ground floors, terraces, and gardens are modeled by default at level 0 relative to the grid (lower level of your floor). They have an elevation of 20 cm. You can lower their elevation by 20 cm to create slopes between your interior, terrace, or garden.
- Creating Slopes Greater than 20 cm:
To create steeper slopes, go to the "Floor Settings" menu and lower the grid level.
Congratulations! You have now created a garden in Kazaplan, and you can continue to customize your project according to your preferences. Enjoy this feature to design unique and inspiring outdoor spaces for your home.