In this tutorial, we will show you how to draw a terrace in Kazaplan to model your house in 2D and 3D. Our tool offers you the ability to easily design your house, its gardens, pathways, and of course, its terraces.
Follow these steps to add a terrace to your project:
Step 1: Access the "Build" Menu and 2D View
- Open your existing Kazaplan project or start a new one.
- From the main menu, click on "Build".
- Select "Terrains and Gardens".
- Ensure that you are in 2D view for drawing your terrace.
In the Build > Terrains and Gardens menu, you have three types of boundaries available:
- Garden boundaries,
- Terrace boundaries,
- Pathway boundaries
These exterior boundaries create rooms without ceilings.
This is not the case if you use walls/partitions or invisible separations from the layout menu.
Step 2: Trace the Terrace Boundary
- Click on the "Terrace Boundary" icon in the menu.
- A "+" shaped cursor will appear in the drawing space, to the right of the menu.
- Place the first point of the boundary by clicking on the desired location. Make sure to stay within the grid (workspace).
- Guides will help you draw vertical and horizontal boundaries.
Step 3: Place the Subsequent Points
Place the next point by clicking a second time. You can continue to add points to define the shape of your terrace.
Tip: Don't worry about drawing each boundary with the correct length right now. Trace the general shape of your project, and you can later adjust the length of each side numerically by clicking on its measurement.
Step 4: Validate the Drawing
- To exit the terrace boundary editing mode, you can:
- Press the "ESC" key.
- Double-click after placing your last point.
- Right-click after placing the last point.
Step 5: Close Your Terrace
- If the boundaries you have drawn form a closed area, your terrace will be automatically created.
- It will appear with a wood-colored background, accompanied by the text "Terrace" and its area.
1. Remember that the origin of your plan is at the center of the modeling space, represented by a red square. Draw your project around this origin point.
2. Ensure that you draw your project within the grid's footprint, representing the available modeling space.
Editing Exterior Boundaries
The boundaries you have drawn are editable: you can
- adjust their length
move: by selecting them and dragging and dropping in 2D with your mouse or numerically.
- split into multiple wall sections
If you wish to change a room, garden, or pathway that you have already drawn into a terrace, simply click on its title. The room's settings panel will open, and you can change the type and name of the room.
Tip: Managing Slopes
To create slopes in your terrace:
- By default, the ground floor, terraces, and gardens are modeled at level 0 relative to the grid (bottom level of your floor), with an elevation of 20 cm. You can lower their elevation by 20 cm to create slopes between your interior, terrace, or garden.
- To create more significant slopes, go to the "Floor Settings" menu to lower the grid level.
Congratulations! You have now created a terrace in Kazaplan. You can continue customizing your project by adding details and specific amenities to your terrace to create the outdoor space of your dreams.