To add spiral staircases, go to the Build > Staircases > Straight staircase menu.
You can choose from:
- Stringer staircase
- Curved staircase
- Staircase with landing
- Suspended staircase
- Staircase with central stringer
When you have chosen your staircase, create it as follows:
- Click a first time to place the base of your staircase
- Stretch it, then click a second time to mark the bend in your staircase
- Double-click to complete your staircase.
When you click on your staircase, icons are displayed:
- Text box (only available in 3D): change the settings manually
- Duplicate: copy your straight staircase
- Properties: change the settings by entering your measurements
- Set manually (height and width only)
Click the Text box icon.
Drag the arrows to adjust the dimensions (width and height) of your staircase. The dimensions are displayed as you drag the arrows.
- Fully customise your staircase (2D and 3D)
Click the Properties icon. A menu is displayed with the various settings that you can edit.
- Climb height: height of the staircase
- Step width: measurement between the shaft of the step and the outside of the step
- Tread: depth of the step
- Elevation: space between the floor and the start of the staircase
- Step thickness
- Stair nosing: the end of the step, which can overhang the step if a measurement is entered (only visible if there is a riser)
- Riser: enable or disable the riser
- Right handrail: enable or disable the right handrail
- Landing: enable or disable the landing
- Left handrail: enable or disable the left handrail
- Stringer height: part of the staircase on which the handrail is located
- Handrail spacing: spacing between two handrails
Tip: You can view your changes without closing the menu. Move the menu by dragging/dropping the menu title to one side of the plan to show your project. When entering a measurement, press Enter to apply the new measurements automatically.
Haven't found the answer to your question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving as many details as you can about your request or problem.